TERMS & CONDITIONS
Will to Win is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of customers and players. Everyone associated with Will to Win should show respect & understanding for our customers and always act with the customer’s best interests in mind.
All players, visitors & customers are expected to abide by our general rules of use, and we encourage all to share concerns about any aspect of operations & facilities.
- Will to Win Centres and cafés are strictly non-smoking except for designated areas.
- Dogs are not permitted on courts* or inside the Pavilion Café/Centre building (and fenced enclosures at WTW Hyde Park, WTW Chiswick House Gardens and WTW Lammas Park) with the exception of guide/service dogs.
- Riding of bicycles, skateboards and scooters is strictly prohibited in the Centres’ grounds. Bicycles must only be left in the bicycle racks provided.
- Only food and refreshments purchased at the Centre may be consumed on the premises, with the exception of baby food.
- Opening and closing times of our facilities vary throughout the year and are published on our website and the Centres’ noticeboards. Opening and closing hours can change at short notice with inclement weather conditions.
- All players and visitors must adhere to all notices, signs and information intended for the safety of you and others.
- If you suffer an injury on our premises, it is your responsibility to report it to a member of staff immediately.
- Any individuals / groups behaving in any way deemed by Will to Win to be abusive, vulgar, racist, sexist, defamatory, sexually orientated or obscene or which will harass, distress, embarrass or inconvenience any person (including staff) or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the facilities by any person will be asked to vacate the Centre and grounds.
- People not playing sports should respect players on court by not making too much noise or causing any distractions.
- Please respect your own and others’ possessions. Will to Win accepts no responsibility for items lost, stolen or damaged on the premises.
- Please see our safeguarding policy for a statement about what we do to ensure that all children, young people and adults at risk are safeguarded from abuse and have an enjoyable sports experience.
- Lost property, balls or equipment found should be handed back to the owner or to reception.
- Damage caused whilst at Will To Win is chargeable to the offender(s). To the extent permitted by law, Will to Win Ltd will not accept responsibility for any injuries incurred during play at Will to Win in any weather/ground conditions.
- Personal items should not be left on the premises overnight. Appropriate sporting attire should be worn on court and shirts must be worn at all times.
- Recommended footwear for different sports surfaces:
– 3G pitches: Football Boots (moulded stud, screw-in stud), not Trainers (general)
– AstroTurf pitches: Astro turf boots, not Trainers (general)
– Grass multi-sport pitches: Football Boots (moulded stud, screw-in stud), not Trainers (general)
– Hard tennis courts: “non-marking” (the soles are usually colourless), not Astro turf boots, any kind of football boots
– Lawn bowling green: smooth sole or barefoot, not Football Boots (moulded stud, screw-in stud)
– Padel courts: Trainers (general), not Football Boots (moulded stud, screw-in stud)
– Putting course: Smooth sole or barefoot, not Astro turf boots, any kind of football boots
– Synthetic surface sports court: Trainers (general), not Football Boots (moulded stud, screw-in stud).
- Discounts are available for Smartcard holders, Royal Parks’ staff & gardeners, Friends of Royal Parks (with ID), traffic wardens, loyalty card users at the café and reception and on selected activities.
SMARTCARDS, ANNUAL WALK-ON PASSES AND PADEL BOOKING CARDS
- Smartcards and Padel Booking Cards run for 365 days from the date of purchasing the card (validation date for concessions).
- The minimum subscription period is 12 months.
- Purchases of Smartcards, Annual Walk-on Passes and Padel Booking Cards can only be made online at willtowin.co.uk/smartcard
- In order to offer an efficient Smartcard, Annual Walk-on Pass and Booking Card renewal service, WTW offers a rolling Card renewal programme. This means that once you have chosen to purchase your Card for the first time, you are agreeing to renew your Card annually by a recurring payment and any relevant future renewals can be collected automatically (i.e. if you have just paid £XXX for 365 days membership, the same £XXX will be charged by a recurring payment every 365 days unless you give us notice – see Card cancellation below).
- In a situation where renewal payment fails, you will be given a-7-day grace period to update your card details. Failure to do so will result in your WTW Account defaulting to a “Registered” (non-Smartcard) user type and losing benefits of the Smartcard / Padel Booking Card Holder.
- Whilst the Smartcard LITE is available in unlimited numbers, the number of Smartcard PLUS and Walk-On Passes is limited and they may not be available for purchase throughout the year.
- Concessions: Student (with valid student id), Senior (with Freedom Pass) and Junior (16 & under) Smartcards are offered at reduced rates. The process of applying for a Concession Smartcard requires approval of submitted documents.
- The process of applying for Annual Walk-on Passes requires approval by the Will to Win Team.
- Smartcards, Annual Walk-on Passes and Padel Booking Cards and associated benefits are centre specific and apply at only one WTW Centre.
- Will to Win may terminate (without a refund) or impose sanctions on Smartcard holders in the event of any breach of the Terms & Conditions.
- Court bookings are available on the hour.
- Court bookings can be made on online, over the telephone or in person.
- All courts must be paid for at the time of making a reservation.
- Free walk-on courts are available to juniors aged 16 years and under, Monday to Friday between 3-6pm, subject to availability. Players should enquire at reception for availability, and time limit is dependent on court availability. Applicable to juniors playing with adult. Floodlight fee applies for bookings after dusk.
- Smartcard PLUS holders may make tennis court bookings up to 7 days in advance at the Centre to which they hold their Smartcard. Smartcard PLUS holders from other Centres and Smartcard LITE holders can book 3 days in advance.
- Padel Booking Card Holders can book Padel courts up to 7 days in advance.
- Court fees are based on peak and off-peak times. Discounts for Smartcard PLUS holders apply. Peak and off-peak times are Centre and sports specific and are subject to change. Visit our website at willtowin.co.uk for the most up-to-date court prices. When a court booking is made for adults and juniors playing together, the adult fee applies.
- Court bookings should be made in the name of a player who will be on the court. Players may be asked to leave the court if the named person who made the booking is not present.
- Attendance later than 15 minutes after the booked hour may result in the court being sold to another player.
- Court bookings can be extended for up to 1 hour preceding a booking for an additional fee, subject to availability.
- A full fee applies to play that continues for longer than 15 minutes after the booked hour.
- Only single individual court bookings (one per customer) are permitted at peak times each day and two hour back-to-back individual court bookings are permitted in off peak times only and cannot be reserved online.
- Annual Walk-on Pass holders are allowed to walk on and play on available courts** for 1 hour a day, completely free of charge. This booking must be made upon arrival to your Centre at the sports desk and courts cannot be reserved in advance. If players require additional time on court following their booking, they may continue to play on if any of the qualifying courts are vacant.
**Courts included in the offer: Lammas Park: 5-9, Pitshanger Park: 1-4, Chiswick House Gardens: 1-7).
- Players agree to take part in activities entirely at their own risk and shall not hold Will to Win responsible for any personal injury or accidents. Court usage in adverse weather conditions is at the individual’s risk.
- Some courts are reserved by Will to Win for Centre programmes, events and league matches.
- Only coaches who have a valid signed Will to Win Coaching Agreement may provide and charge for coaching services. Use of baskets of tennis balls is restricted to these coaches only. Only these coaches can book courts in advance for individual coaching lessons.
- Mini courts are for the use of juniors aged 16 years and under only. Adult supervision is required.
- Refer also to the Cancellation Policy.
GROUP COACHING: COURSES, SQUADS & CAMPS
- Registration should be completed prior to the course start date.
- Payment must be made upon registration to secure a place.
- Places are sold on a first-come first-served basis. Priority booking may be offered to all players already registered onto programmes that are frequently oversubscribed.
- Consent information is required for all junior programmes. Online registration is the best way of ensuring that current consents and preferences are captured on our records.
- Once the maximum number of attendees is reached, a waiting list will be created and customers will be contacted if places become available.
- If a course is undersubscribed and cancelled, the Senior Coach/Centre staff will suggest alternative arrangements to attendees.
- If you join a course that has already started, you will be charged on a pro-rata basis.
- Selected courses may be made available for purchase on “pick and choose” basis 7 days before the start date.
- A missed session may be replaced only with another suitable session at the sole discretion of the Senior Coach. The arrangement must be made in advance.
- Missed sessions may not be transferred to weekend drop-in sessions.
- Missed sessions will not be credited unless there are exceptional circumstances e.g. doctor’s note.
- Junior Camps will run for the scheduled time irrespective of the weather. Play will continue in the rain whenever safety is not compromised. If necessary, coaches use wet weather resources to aid off court learning.
- Players must inform Will to Win of any medical condition or disability which may be relevant to the adult or child booked into an activity. Players must also notify us of any change or deterioration of any such medical condition or disability. We will keep this information confidential and handle such issues with discretion. It is our policy to include any such individuals within the scheduled courses wherever possible, but we reserve the right to refuse the booking if we are regrettably unable to accommodate the needs of the individual.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to a course or advise a more appropriate session if any participant is found not to be of the correct age/ability, or is unable to complete a course due to being in the incorrect age/ability group.
- We are unable to accept replacements in lieu of your booking.
- In exceptional circumstances and where camp/course capacity allows it; the Senior Coach and staff may authorise for an attendee to transfer the reservation to/from another term. An administration fee of £7.00 per transaction may apply.
- Refer also to the Cancellation Policy.
GROUP COACHING: DROP-IN SESSIONS
- Places are sold on a first-come first-serve basis to the maximum number of places advertised.
- The coaching staff and Centre staff will advise any attendee of a more appropriate session or have the right to exclude them from a session if they are not the right standard.
- Player standard guidelines for adult programmes are available at Centres and online.
- Refer also to the Cancellation Policy.
- Payment for drop-in sessions must be made upon booking.
- A limited number of places for drop-in sessions is available for bookings up to 7 days in advance by Smartcard PLUS holders only.
- All drop-in sessions can be booked one day in advance by all other players.
- Where a player fails to arrive for a pre-booked drop-in session, their space might be re-sold after 15 minutes of the session starting if a waiting list is taken.
- 50% of places for junior drop-ins is offered in blocks of session during term times.
- All children booked onto junior courses and camps are fully supervised, but we cannot supervise children using the courts at other times.
- All children booked onto junior courses and camps must bring appropriate weather protection on court at the beginning of the session. They are not permitted to leave the court without permission from the coach.
- Permission for children to be released and go home alone must be given in writing. If written permission is not received and contact cannot be made with a parent/guardian, we will keep the child until they are picked up or contact is made. We reserve the right to charge for this supervision at the rate of £5.00 for every 30 minutes.
- Individual coaching sessions are arranged directly with the coach concerned who is exclusively responsible for managing and delivering these sessions.
- Coaches are responsible for attending any session they have arranged.
- Payments can be made directly to the coach who is responsible for court and facility fees or into the coaches’ credit account via the reception.
- Further quality assurance, coaching promise and guidelines are accessible online and on the Centre’s noticeboards.
- Any coaches who are not contracted by Will to Win will have to vacate courts immediately. No court fee refunds will be given to individuals involved.
- Refer also to the Cancellation Policy.
CREDITS (GIFT CARDS) ON WILL TO WIN ACCOUNTS
- For court and programme bookings (OpenPlay); credits may be purchased in denominations of £10, £20, £50 and £100, or a combination thereof. There is no limitations on value for retail and hospitality accounts credits (Lightspeed).
- Credits cannot be transferred between programme (OpenPlay) and retail (Lightspeed) accounts.
- Credits are non-refundable.
- Credits expire after 2 years.
- Transfers of credits are limited to exceptional circumstances.
- Credits have no redeemable value.
- Credits cannot be used to pay for guests.
- Your OpenPlay balance of Credits is available to view online at www.willtowin.co.uk/account/. Please ask a member of our team for your Lightspeed balance of Credits.
- For Smartcard PLUS, Smartcard LITE, Padel Booking Card no cancellation or refund is possible once the 14-day cooling off period is over.
- For all types of Cards, at least 30 days’ notice is required in writing to cancel your subscription (future payments towards subscriptions).
- Card holders will retain access to the benefits for the remaining part of your subscription period left from the 365 days of the subscription.
- Cancellation Notice must be given by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will to Win will automatically acknowledge your cancellation email by return email. If you do not receive this email and cannot provide it to us on request, your cancellation will not be valid.
- Any necessary court cancellations should be made with more than 24 hour notice prior to the court booking time. Cancellations made within 24 hours will be charged the full fee.
- The full court fee applies if a player chooses to play in adverse weather conditions/on slippery courts and uses the court for more than 30 minutes.
- In adverse weather conditions the player should contact the Centre to check if play is possible. The Centre will make the final d If the court is deemed unplayable, a credit will be applied to the player’s Will to Win account in a form of a gift card.
- Play in adverse conditions is at the player’s own risk.
- No cash refunds will be made.
- Where the participant wishes to cancel a programme booking, the following arrangements apply:
– Course/camp registration cancelled more than 7 days before the first session will be charged and refunded 100% of the registration fees;
– Cancellations received after the 7-day cancellation period are eligible for a 50% refund of the balance payment
– Registration cancelled fewer than 24 hours before the event will not be eligible for a refund. This also applies to drop-in sessions.
- Any decision to cancel a session due to rain/snow is based on the extent to which courts are affected, and in the case of young players, if rain is likely to be a significant distraction or result in a negative experience. Some sessions go ahead in rain.
- If the weather forecast prior to the session is poor, any decision to cancel will be made by the Senior Coach as late as is reasonably possible. Whenever possible, customers will be sent an email once a decision to cancel has been made. As a last resort customers should call the local Centre for an update. Please bear in mind difficulties in trying to predict the British weather. Our overall intention is for as many sessions as possible to go ahead.
- If a session runs over half of the designated time and is interrupted due to weather conditions, the session is considered a full session and no credit will be issued.
- If a session is interrupted due to bad weather conditions before half of the session is completed, the player can request a credit note be applied to their Will to Win account.
- For Mini Camps and Netball Camps, if the weather is inclement, the Senior Coach will run the session unless an official cancellation has been communicated. In such circumstances, a credit will be applied to the player’s account.
- In the unlikely event of insufficient numbers, we reserve the right to cancel courses 3 days in advance of the start date. A credit will be applied to customer’s account.
- If the participant is absent from a session for a reason other than Will to Win cancelling the session due to adverse weather, he/she is choosing to forfeit the time. Only in exceptional circumstances (e.g. on presentation of a doctor’s note), will discretion be used to calculate the pro-rata rate of the session and a credit issued.
- No cash refunds will be made.
- Any decision to cancel a session due to rain is based on the extent to which courts are affected and in the case of young players, if the rain is likely to be a significant distraction or result in a bad experience. Some sessions go ahead in rain.
- If the weather forecast prior to the session is poor, any decision to cancel will be made by the Senior Coach as late as is reasonably possible. Customers seeking clarification should call the Centre for an update. Our overall intention is for as many sessions as possible to go ahead.
- In the event of bad weather (e.g. rain), the extent to which a drop-in session is deemed to have taken place is dependent on the amount of time on court. This is during a coach-led hour and/or during an hour with no coach (when players mix in and play). If less than 30 minutes is completed of each hour, a credit will be applied to their account with the value as follows:
– the first hour, coach-led: credit for 100% of session
– the second hour, coach-led: credit for 50% of session
– the second hour, non-coach led: credit for 25% value of session
– on occasions when there is a third hour, no credit will be given for this hour
- If 30 minutes or more per hour is played on court that hour is classified as having taken place. No action should be taken for this hour.
- If a pre-booked (Smartcard PLUS holders only) drop-in session is undersubscribed and cancelled and does not go ahead, a credit is applied to player’s Will to Win account.
- No cash refunds will be made.
Individual coaching sessions cancelled less than 24 hours before are liable to pay the coach in full. This is at the discretion of the coach as he/she is responsible for managing their individual coaching sessions, including the court booking fee. All payments for individual self-employed coaches are made directly to the coach.
ABOUT WILL TO WIN LTD
Will to Win is registered in England & Wales, registration number 02645191. VAT number is 836184514.
Full company name is Will To Win Ltd., trading as Will to Win. Registered ad Bligh’s Walk, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 1DB
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Will to Win Tennis Centres are registered with the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA). Each venue is a British Tennis Registered venue and has the LTA Venue Safeguarding policy (children and adults), the LTA Diversity and Inclusion policy & GDPR Privacy Policies.
These and other policies and procedures are available on request from the WTW Head Office. Will to Win makes every effort to ensure that the details on the website and in flyers are correct. We reserve the right to make amendments at any time and will inform you of any changes.
References to “WTW”, “we”, “us” and “our” should be construed as references to Will to Win Ltd.
* For the Terms and Conditions, the use of ‘Courts’ shall refer to Tennis Courts, Netball Courts, Padel Courts, Multi-Use Games Areas (MUGAs), Football Pitches, Bowling Lanes and Petanque Courts
Last updated: March 2019